Call for Papers!
The Journal of Innovation and Entrepreneurship welcomes submissions to a new collection of articles focused on "Design Thinking: Challenges and Opportunities."
This is a joint special collection with Journal of the Knowledge Economy. Please refer to that journal's home page for submission instructions, as the instructions below apply to Journal of Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
A special collection is akin to a special issue, but it is published online without page constraints. Submissions are currently being reviewed on an ongoing basis, with no set deadline
The term 'design thinking' refers to an emerging holistic practice inspired by the architectural tradition. It encompasses people, culture, and technological dynamics in formulating business solutions facilitated by thinking 'beyond the box' as well as 'inside and outside the box.'
Papers in this collection will survey the emerging challenges and opportunities that attend design thinking, through the lens of innovation and entrepreneurship.
Submissions that grapple with theoretical topics are encouraged, as are papers grounded in policy and practice. Macro-, meso-, and micro-level perspectives are welcome. Approaches may be conceptual or empirical, employing qualitative or quantitative surveys, interviews, and case studies. Research and commentary may draw from multiple sectors, from nanotechnology to agri-business and beyond.
In keeping with the Journal of Innovation and Entrepreneurship’s commitment to looking “across time and space,” the Editors welcome submissions that take historical and geographical context into account.
Topics could include, but are not limited to:
• Digital transformation in concert with design thinking
• Design thinking’s impact on business model innovation
• Dynamics among people, culture, and technology through a design-thinking lens
• Design thinking and the challenges and opportunities of digital divide
• Innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystems in design-thinking context
• Design thinking’s place in quadruple/quintuple innovation helix architectures
• Design thinking’s role in achieving smart, sustainable, and inclusive growth
The Journal of Innovation and Entrepreneurship publishes numerous article types including research articles, commentaries, reviews, and short reports, all of which can be submitted to this collection.
Before submitting your manuscript, please ensure you have carefully read these guidelines. To ensure your paper is handled as efficiently as possible, it is important that you include all of the required elements for your chosen article type.
Submit your complete manuscript through our online content management system here.
To ensure your paper is considered for this Collection, please answer "yes" when asked whether you are planning to submit to a thematic series, and select the Collection name from the drop-down menu. In addition, indicate within your cover letter that you wish your manuscript to be considered as part of the Design Thinking special collection.
All research articles will undergo blinded peer review. Accepted articles will be published.
Accepted papers will benefit from the following advantages of Open Access publication:
- Rapid publication: Online submission, electronic peer review and production make the process of publishing your article simple and efficient
- High visibility and international readership in your field: Open access publication ensures high visibility and maximum exposure for your work - anyone with online access can read your article
- No space constraints: Publishing online means unlimited space for figures, extensive data and video footage
- Authors retain copyright, licensing the article under a Creative Commons license: articles can be freely redistributed and reused as long as the article is correctly attributed.
For editorial queries, please contact this journal's Development Editor, Erica Gordon-Mallin.
Sign up for article alerts and news from this journal to keep updated on articles published in the Journal of Innovation and Entrepreneurship - including articles published in this special collection.
Submissions to the "Design Thinking: Challenges and Opportunities" special collection will be edited by:
Elias G. Carayannis, George Washington University, USA;
Tugrul Daim, Portland State University, USA; and
Evangelos Grigoroudis, Technical University of Crete, Greece